1. Do you intend to do your own financial planning, or would you rather hire a professional?
2. Have you assessed your financial resources and needs for when you do retire?
3. Are you comfortable (satisfied) with your financial status regarding your retirement?
4. Are there any issues with the pension plan that you feel need to be addressed?
5. Are you vested with the plan? If not, do you anticipate future vesting?
6. What information do you need for your retirement planning?
Anthem Blue Cross changes for Retirees - effective July 1, 2018 As of July 1, 2018, MPIPHP members who have elected Anthem Blue Cross will have some changes in the procedure of how Medicare works with Anthem.
1) Members and their dependents no longer are limited to doctors who are part of the MPIPHP network. You can see any doctor who takes Medicare; this is usually a larger pool.
2) Members and their dependents no longer need referrals from MPIPHP to see those doctors. You can directly make appointments if you find a doctor you like.
3) Take notice that your MPIPHP member number has changed. Your new Anthem Blue Cross card should reflect that.
4) The information number is 833 794 0312.
5) If eligible for Medicare, you are covered in it. If eligible for MPIPHP, that becomes your secondary, which reduces your co-pay to $5/visit. If you and your spouse are each eligible, your co-pay is $0.
Assistance Programs Some Local 695 members might not even be aware of it but this industry is very fortunate to have three great organizations standing ready to offer critical help if you find you ever need it. Learn about the wide range of programs and services they offer. And also, please remember that when times are good for you, you may even want to consider making a generous donation to help these organizations continue do to their great work.
The Motion Picture Television Fund MPTF supports our entertainment community in living and aging well, with dignity and purpose, and in helping each other in times of need. From elder care to social work, community outreach, financial support, child care and beyond, MPTF plays a major role in the lives of entertainment industry members in ways that might surprise you.
The Will Rogers Motion Picture Pioneers Foundation Provide financial assistance and supportive counseling to those who work in theatrical exhibition who are experiencing hardship due to illness, accident, underemployment or life-changing events. All assistance is intended to provide support during a recovery or adjustment period and lay the foundation for a lifetime of ongoing success.
The Actor's Fund: "Not Just for Actors" Not just for actors. The Actors Fund fosters stability and resiliency, and provides a safety net for performing arts and entertainment professionals over their lifespan. Special programs are designed to meet the needs of our entertainment community with a unique understanding of the challenges involved in a life in the arts. Services include emergency financial assistance, women's health, affordable housing, health care and insurance counseling, disability support, senior services, addiction and recovery, secondary career development and more.